The MT4 Android app is perfect for trading on the go. The following is a use guide:
- Setting up the MT4 Platform for Android
- Account Management
- Adding and removing instruments
- Opening Orders
- Closing & modifying orders
- Charts configurations
Setting up the MT4 Platform for Android
Download The MT4
The first thing you’ll need to do is download the MT4 app:
Setting up MT4
(need download and setup video)
Though not more than one Trading Account can be active at the same time, you can very easily switch among them, or else add more accounts:
To add a trading account:
- Open the MT4 and select Manage Accounts from the main menu.
- Tap the + icon and click on Login to an existing account.
- Enter “Orbex” and then select the relevant trading server according to the type of your trading account.
- Enter your trading account number and password, then tap Sign In.
- The trading account is now added to the Accounts tab.
To switch to another trading account:
- Open The MT4 and select Manage Accounts from the main menu.
- Tap the trading account you wish to switch to in the Accounts tab, enter the trading account’s credentials if prompted, then Sign In.
- MT4 will now be operating under that trading account.
Adding and Removing Instruments
First, click on the Quotes icon on the bottom-left of the screen to bring up the default list of all the available instruments.
Tap + in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select your desired group of symbols.
- Click on the instrument(s) you wish to add.
- Once you have added all the instruments you wish to see in the Quotes tab, click on the Back button until you return back to the Quotes tab.
- Tap the pencil (edit) icon located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the bin (delete) icon located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the symbol(s) to be deleted by ticking the boxes.
- Tap the bin icon again to confirm their removal.
- Once done, click on the Back button.
- Go to Quotes.
- click on the instrument you want to trade with and then click on New Order.
- Set the desired order parameters (Stop Loss, Take Profit, Deviation, etc).
- To execute a market order immediately, click on Buy by Market or Sell by Market.
- To set a pending order instead, click on Instant Execution or Market Execution (based on your account type and instrument) to bring up a drop-down menu.
- Choose the desired pending order from the drop-down menu and set your order parameters (Take Profit, Price, Stop Loss, etc).
- Click on Place. You will then receive a notification that the order has been opened successfully.
Closing & modifying orders
- Click on the Trade icon.
- Click on an order to see its details (Price, Stop Loss, Turn Profit, order ID, etc).
- Click and hold on the order, then click on either Close Order to close the trade; or else Modify Order to modify it.
- If you close the order, you will immediately receive a notification confirming its closure.
- If you modify the order, settings will be presented for you to change as you wish; finally, click on Modify to finalize the modification.
To open the chart of any instrument:
- Go to Quotes.
- Click the instrument you wish to open the chart for, then select Open chart.
To change the chart type:
- Click on Menu, then click on Settings.
- Select Line type.
- You can use three types of real-time charts in the mobile terminal: Line chart, Bar chart, and Candlestick.
To change the time frame of the chart:
- Click on the chart.
- Select the desired time frame from the pop-up window. The mobile terminal for Android supports 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, and MN.
To add indicators on a chart:
- When in a graph, click on the "f" icon in the top menu.
- Select "f+" next to the Main Chart.
- Select the desired indicator from the presented options.
- Set your preferences for the selected indicator.
- Finally to save, click on Done.