The "Charts" menu and the context menu of the chart displaying window allow calling lists of applied graphical objects, indicators, and Expert Advisors. Thus object properties can be modified or objects can be deleted from the chart.
List of Indicators
This window can be opened using the " Indicators List" command of the "Charts" menu or the context menu of the chart window or using the "Ctrl+I" hotkeys. This window allows managing indicators applied to the chart.
The window contains the list of indicators that are currently applied to the chart. Indicators are divided into two groups: those plotted in the main chart window and those plotted in a separate window. When one of the indicators is selected, the "Properties" and "Delete" buttons become active. The "Properties" button opens the window of indicator parameters. The "Delete" button deletes an indicator from the chart.
List of Objects
This window can be opened using the " Objects List" command in the "Objects" sub-menu of the "Charts" menu or the context menu, or by pressing the "Ctrl+B" hotkeys. The window allows managing various graphical objects imposed on the chart.
This window shows the list of all objects currently imposed on the chart. These objects are represented in a table with the following fields:
- Object — the type of object. If a check is placed in the "Object" field, this object will be selected in the chart;
- Name — object name. This name is formed out of the period of a chart the object is imposed to, object type, and the unique identifies that is automatically assigned to each object. This name can be changed in the object properties;
- Description — object description. It can also be changed in the object properties;
- Window — number of the window, in which the object is applied. 0 denotes the main chart window, further figures denote order numbers of indicator sub-windows from upside down.
The "Objects" window contains the following commands:
- Show — move the chart to the selected object;
- Properties — edit properties of a selected object;
- Delete — delete a selected object;
- List all — any object can be set as hidden (OBJPROP_HIDDEN property) from an MQL4 application. Such objects are displayed on a chart and not displayed in the object list on default. If you click the "List all" button, hidden objects will be displayed in the list.
Use Ctrl+A hotkeys to select all objects.